Wylie ISD takes the safety of our students very seriously. In the event of an emergency or disaster situation, our school district has two goals:
Here are some of the procedures we have in place to keep our students safe:
- To ensure the safety of our students and staff.
- To ensure parents and the community are informed within a timely manner with accurate information.
- Evacuation, fire, shelter in place, tornado, lock-down, and active threat drills are conducted throughout the school year.
- Every campus has an emergency operation plan that works hand in hand with local police, fire, and medical services.
- Every classroom teacher has been trained in our emergency response procedures.
- All visitors on campus must check in, provide ID, be screened and wear a visitor badge.
- All school volunteers must go through a criminal background check and must wear a volunteer badge in plain sight at all times when on a campus.