Wylie ISD is committed to working cooperatively with the news media. It is the role of the Communications Department to assist campuses in contacting the media, preparing for an on-site visit, and responding to media inquiries.
Please contact the Communications Director, Jackie Powell, with any media requests.
325-690-1181 ext 2089
The following administrative guidelines are in effect for all Wylie ISD campuses:
- All media inquiries should be directed to the Communications Department. The Communications Director will work with the Superintendent and Campus Principals to decide the district’s response to each media request. Exceptions include routine athletic or extracurricular activity coverage.
- Media personnel may be allowed on campus to interview staff or students during the school day with prior approval from the Campus Principal or Communications Department.
- Reporters and/or photographers are required to check in to the school office with their driver's license prior to beginning an authorized interview on campus.
- Cameras/reporters will not be allowed into the classroom or on a campus unless the employees involved have received prior notification and agree.
- When the media request focuses primarily on an individual student, Wylie ISD will attempt to notify parents before granting permission for the student to be interviewed. Exceptions include routine athletic or extracurricular activity coverage.