The Wylie ISD Growth and Planning Committee
The Wylie ISD Growth and Planning Committee is a community-driven group of 25 members. The committee members were nominated by the Wylie ISD Board of Trustees, district administration, campus principals and community members. The committee has a charge and purpose approved by the Wylie ISD Board of Trustees.
Growth and Planning Committee Purpose
The purpose of the Growth and Planning Committee is to represent the Wylie ISD community in the study of data related to student enrollment, district finances, instructional priorities and facility needs, and in recommending to the Board of Trustees a bond program to address district-wide facility needs due to growing student enrollment.
Growth and Planning Committee Charge
This committee is charged by the Board of Trustees to
- represent the priorities, expectations, and values of the Wylie ISD community
- consider the needs of all of the district's students
- use facts and data to make informed decisions
- recommend a program that meets the district's building capacity needs for as long as possible and extends the life of facilities where possible
- understand the district's finances to develop a program that is fiscally sound
- recommend to the Board of Trustees a bond program for a possible bond election